Commercial Dog Foods
What Should I Do If I Think My Pet's Food Or Treats Has Made It Ill?
- Contact a veterinarian immediately and have your pet examined
- Save any uneaten portions of the pet food or treat
- Keep all unused food or treats of the same lot number (cans, pouches, bags, etc.)
- Have the vet contact the Food and Drug Administration to report the incident
- If the vet will not contact the FDA, you can report it 1 of 2 ways
Revision #2: October 2012
This is a basic how-to guide for choosing a good dog food by analyzing the ingredients in the dog food.
The guide can be printed or saved to your computer for easy reference.
The guide is bookmarked so you can easily navigate through the document. If you are viewing the document using a web browser, the bookmark icon may not be available.
Any web links in the document are clickable.
Don't have a PDF reader? Download a free reader from Adobe here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/