And then I made a mistake calculating the amount of liver to feed her! She was getting 3 days worth of liver at one time. I was hoping to be able to feed her 4 days worth so I did several stupid things.
- I increased the amount of liver she was getting by almost 3/4 of a day instead of by just a tenth-of-an-ounce or two!
- I had just gotten some lamb liver (gorgeous grass fed and finished lamb liver, fit for human consumption and cheap thanks to the raw co-op) so I was also getting her used to a new liver.
- Then the next day I gave her beef kidney, which has been fine in the past, but I also gave her more beef kidney than the time before.
- And it was hot which always causes softer poop for her.
Luckily 15 or so hours of fasting, slippery elm bark and skinless chicken breasts all helped with the poop problem.
She's been eating chicken since Monday but is now getting a mix of skin-on and skinless. She's also getting a little salmon and had some beef last night. Tomorrow she'll be getting about half chicken, half beef.
And when the time comes to give her organs again, I'll back off on the amounts and increases SLOWLY with a day of no organs in between!